Knight collapses in court after judge sets $25 million bail
Death Row Records co-founder Marion “Suge” Knight has been taken to hospital after collapsing in court in Los Angeles.
It happened shortly after a judge ordered that his bail be set at $25 million (£16.7 million) in a murder case.
His defence lawyer said the 49-year-old hit his head on a chair as he fell.
Knight has pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges.
Knight denies running down two men with a pickup truck in Los Angeles following an argument in January on the set of a commercial for the film Straight Outta Compton.
One of the men, 55-year-old Terry Carter, was killed, while the other was seriously injured.
After his collapse, lawyer Matthew Fletcher told the court that his client, who is diabetic and has a blood clot, hadn’t received any medication since Thursday.
Fletcher claimed Knight was being kept in solitary confinement without proper access to medication.
He also criticised the bail amount calling it “absurd” and “clearly excessive”.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Coen approved the amount because prosecutors noted that Knight was already on bail over a separate robbery case.
Since his arrest, Knight has suffered various health problems and this is the fourth time he’s had to be taken from the courthouse by ambulance.
He’d previously been hospitalised after complaining of chest pains and also said he’s now blind in one eye and has about 15 per cent vision in the other.
This latest court appearance was a bail review hearing.
Knight has previous convictions for assault with a deadly weapon and could face 25 years to life in prison if he’s convicted at trial.